10 Things Creative People Must Do
- Artists should create in the same way they love: Entirely or not at all.
- When working, their hands should be moved by the same kind of passion that urges them to “go harder” and “don’t ever stop”.
- They should create violently, profusely, viscerally, devastatingly, in love.
- They should be moved by nostalgic longings for something that might never come.
- Because of this, they must promise to follow their inspiration wherever it goes.
- Artists have an obligation to reveal the truth hidden inside of them; they must share it with the world. Doing so is the ultimate act of self-sacrifice and eternal love.
- They must break their own hearts and make art with the pieces.
- They must be as sincere in their work as they are in the midst of a late night conversation with a lover and friends.
- They must let their art consume them, and once there’s nothing left, they must still give it more.
- They must learn to love their loneliness.